The patterns for patchwork fabric They are essential to our work. More than anything because it is about the design of our drawing. A way to capture the work that we are going to do but with its measurements. Then, we will have to transfer the drawing to a template and from there, we will cut the pieces of fabric. But everything, step by step so you don't miss a detail.
How to make patterns for Patchwork
What do I need to make the patterns?
First, we are going to see the materials necessary to make your patterns.
- Graph paper. In it we will have the perfect measures for a result in the same way. When making the patterns in them, they will leave us the measurements in centimeters or millimeters. What will make us always have the security that with them, we will always arrive at a precise job.
- Pencil, eraser, ruler, scissors and colors: Needless to say, to make the paths, nothing like a well-sharpened pencil. Of course, we must have an eraser at our side, in case we make a mistake, we can correct it at the moment. The colors will be mark where the fabrics of the same color will be placed or different colors. The rule to make a more than perfect design and of course, we finish with the scissors to cut out the patterns.
- White or acetate paper: It is the best ally to be able to trace the design that you have done on the graph paper. To mark your design and make it look good, you can use permanent markers because acetate is a somewhat hard piece.
Steps to make Patchwork patterns
We already have the main materials well organized. So, all that remains is to get to work:
- First we put the graph paper on the table. We will draw on it, the design that we have chosen. Of course, it must always be the most precise. Something that is not complicated since we remember that this paper is marked with measurements. The lines will be fine and perfect, so you can help yourself with a ruler. When you already have the design on this paper, you can shade the areas where the fabrics of the same color will go. More than anything, to get an idea of the final design.
- It is time to place the acetate paper on the graph. You will be tracing each part of the design that you just traced. You can help yourself with some permanent markers as well as the ruler to be even more precise.
- You will cut the piece with scissors. But yes, again you have to make some clean cuts. To do this, take it easy because rushing in this case is not a good adviser. If a template can be used both forwards and backwards, great. If you see that it doesn't fit, then make a different template of each piece. To differentiate them, name them and write the one that goes forwards or backwards.
- Now is the time to place the pieces of cloth on the table. We place the molds of our pattern on them. We can trace the shape with the help of the pencil. Of course, remember to always leave some margins that we will use when sewing.
Where to buy Patchwork patterns
In order to always have Patchwork patterns at hand, there is nothing like searching for them in different ways. in all those physical stores that have patchwork fabrics as well as other accessories to complete this work, they will also have patterns. Therefore, both in supermarkets and in haberdashery, you can find great designs. We cannot forget that there are also magazines dedicated to this work. In them, in addition to the tricks, they will also leave us some patterns: From the basic to the most original.
It is true that if you want more inspiration, you will also get it online. At Amazon you have a large assortment to do everything type of jobs. Whether for quilts or bedspreads, as well as cushions and other accessories. So if you want to give it the most original touch, it may be on Amazon where the variety of templates will make your imagination run wild.
To buy - Patchwork Patterns
Free Pattern Gallery
The style that is usually seen in the quilts o'quilt' It is the one that is marked by geometric shapes. Squares or hexagons are protagonists. Starting from them, creativity will not put barriers to our work either.
In Bags We can also find the most varied prints. From the basic forms to combine objects with nature, etc.
For patchwork cushions we can use different patterns. But the truth is that by having a limited size, the most precise and floral-type figures are always the favorites. Although among them we can combine different colors and give the original touch to this decorative and resting element.
We are clear that patchwork armchairs They dress in numerous colors, but the vast majority are carried away by the simpler patterns or perhaps, the basic ones that we all know. Which one are you going to start with?
To buy - Patchwork Patterns