If you want a personal decoration of your home, nothing like cushions. Patchwork. Because you can place them on chairs as well as on the main armchair, not forgetting the bed. While we think about where we are going to place them, let's see how easy it is to make them.
How to make Patchwork cushions step by step
- First of all, you will have to look for those fabrics you want to take advantage of. You can opt for combine colorful fabrics This step is always to your liking!
- Once you have the fabrics, many people choose to wash them. This way if they have to shrink, they better do it now and not when we have our cushion ready. After washing them we let them dry completely and iron them.
- Now you need cut the fabric into squaresYou can use a special cutter for fabric and a ruler. The measurements can also vary, depending on how big you want your design to be. But whatever you choose, remember that you should always leave an extra piece to be used as a margin when sewing.
- When we have all the pieces cut, we arrange them on the table.. This will help us to see what the design will look like.
- Then we take two pieces and put them straight against each other and put them together in the sewing machine. We will be making strips of fabric. They will not be very large, because to make Patchwork cushions, we will need three or four pieces per strip.
- When we have joined the strips together we put them back on the table. The top strips we put them we will iron it inside out and the seams outwards. The strip that goes in the middle and the bottom strip will also be ironed outwards. Once they are well ironed, we go back to the machine to join the fabric strips. With this step, the front of the cushion is ready.
- For the back we need a colored fabric, preferably plain. We are going to divide it into two parts. We will join, between one part and the other, a zipper.
- Then, we will have to join this back part with the front part, leaving the zipper open. Because when the cushion is sewnNow all that's left to do is to place the filling!
In case you have any doubts, we leave you with another video tutorial so you can see the step by step in more detail:
Patchwork cushions gallery with patterns
No doubt about it, flowers are perfect for covering Patchwork cushions. A style that never goes out of fashion and that will combine perfectly both for living rooms and for other rooms. In addition, you can always add some decorative details such as sequins or whatever you can think of to complete your creation.
If you want to try your hand at making your own patchwork cushion with flowers, here are a few tips to make your own. patterns that will help you. Just click on the images to enlarge them:
For the children's roomsPatchwork cushions are also perfect. Of course, we will have to adapt the designs. Therefore, we will see how the drawings of trains, houses or dolls and names will invade our projects.
To help you practice, below is a collection of patterns with children's motifs that you can use on cushions:
Of little houses
The little houses are also part of the scraps and with them, we will form new Patchwork cushions. A style with classic touches and rustic that never goes out of fashion.
If you are looking for ideas to make your own cushion with a house, here are some patterns to inspire you:
An endearing time if ever there was one. When Christmas comes we usually decorate the house with all kinds of details that fill us with magic. So, why not with christmas cushions made by ourselves?.
Did you like them? If you want to make your own Christmas cushion, here are four patterns to get you started. Click on any of the images below to enlarge them:
A structure that reminds us of the structure of the huts. That's where its name comes from and it is a simple technique, following a series of patterns, you will be superimposing fabrics and the result is amazing.
If you liked them, here is an extensive collection of patterns for log cabin cushions. Click on the images to enlarge them:
If you've come this far, it's because you're still not quite sure.
How much do you want to spend on your new sewing machine?*Move the slider to change the price.